The DepthTrax 1BX includes all the advanced sonar, depth alarm, and keel offset capabilities of the DepthTrax 1B, but also integrates dual temperature displays and an AIRMAR®, ultra-sensitive, high-performance transducer. A simple press of a button on the DepthTrax 1BX display produces instant access to water or air temperature readings via integrated sensors in both the head unit and the transducer.
The standard transducers for the DepthTrax 1BX include an AIRMAR® high-speed transom-mount “P23” and their low-profile thru-hull “P19”.
Both transducers are coupled with HawkEye’s waterproof plug-and-play connectors to make installation quick and easy.
Powerboats, Runabouts & Jet Boats
Our depth sounders leave you worry-free.No more not knowing how shallow the water is when your reaching speeds up to 63 mph. With our boat mounted depth finders, you can head out on the water without a care in the world. You will no longer overlook the depth alarm, Hawkeye depth finders come with a 3 stage advanced warning system. That way you know how close you are to the depth settings you prefer.
Deck, Pontoon & House Boats
Our EasyTouch User Interface along with a Marine grade plug and play connectors make setting up your depth finder easy and fast. We want to help you get accurate depth readings whether you are looking for precise readings in meters or feet. Our Glare-Free Display with SoftGlow Backlighting helps you identify your readings even in the brightest time of the day. That way you can get quick readings without any hassles.
Cabin cruisers have all the amenities to make cruising, or just spending a weekend aboard in total comfort, a reality. Adjust the depth sounders keel offset to adjust the depth readings for your vessels' draft and instantly know the depth below your propellers. Set depth alarms and be warned of anchor slippage during mooring. Fine tune all the settings using our exclusive EasyTouch Programming and make the most of your on water excursions.
HawkEye DepthTrax depth finders are perfect for your sailboat. Whether you are in 2.5 feet of water to 200 feet of water, our depth sounders are a great addition to your boat. We take pride in our marine products and even include instructional videos for our depth sounders. Keel Offset Automatically Adjusts Displayed Depth Readings for Vessel Draft Requirements. Whatever you are looking for in a depth finder our DepthTrax 1B is exactly what you need.
We offer white and black faceplates and trim rings to match a wide variety of helm stations. All of our depth finders include a color-coded operation and installation manuals as well as a 24-hour online tech support center. Hawkeye depth finders also come with a 2-year "You Break It... We Fix It..." warranty so no matter what happens you are covered.
Includes all the DepthTrax 1B Features Plus:
- Algorithmic Programming Significantly Reduces False Readings and Produces Unmatched Precision
- EasyTouch Programming™ Allows One-Touch Access to the User Adjustable Settings
- User Programmable Keel Offset Automatically Adjusts Depth Readings for Vessels’ Draft Requirements
- User Selectable Imperial or Metric Readout
- Dual Upper and Lower Depth Alarms Can Be Set Throughout the Full Depth Range
- 3-Stage Advanced Warning System™ Clearly Signals an Alarm Condition with an Audible Alarm, LED and LCD Indicators with One-Touch Alarm Muting
- Displays Air & Water Temperature in °F or °C
- Automatic Memory Retention of All User Settings
- Patented Removable Face System - Includes White & Black Face Plates and White/Black Trim Rings
- No Glare, Polarized LCD Icon Display with Storage Sun Cover - Spot Free Viewing With or Without Sunglasses
- Largest Display Available on an In-Dash Depth Sounder
- SoftGlow™ Backlit Display and Programming Keys- Low Intensity, Low Temperature Lighting Prevents Eye Strain and Condensation While Providing Unparalleled Nighttime Viewing
- Flush Mount Extention for Mounting In Extra Thick Dash Panels
- Includes Premium Transom or Thru-Hull Mount Airmar® Transducers (cannot be glued in-hull)
Transom Mount (*)
(all video links open in a new window)
Want to Take Our Videos on the Water With You? Click on the QR code below of the video you want to take, then scan the enlarged code with your smartphone. Don't have a QR Code Reader? Use your phones App Store to download one for free.
Product Orientation Video
Get to know the HawkEye DT1B Depth Finder
Installing a Boat Mount Depth Finder
This Video Short contains a brief video explanation of the proper way to install a boat mount depth finder.
Transom Mounting a Transducer on a Boat
This Video Short contains a brief video showing how to Transom Mount a Transducer on a Boat.
Installing a Thru-Hull Transducer
This Video Short demonstrates how to properly Install a Thru-Hull Transducer
Parts & Accessories
In the Box
Transom or Thru-Hull Transducer with 30 ft Cable and 4-Pin Plug & Play Connectors
- Black Face Plate
- Black Bezel (Trim Ring)
- White Face Plate
- White Bezel (Trim Ring)
- Integrated Air Temperature Sensor
- Integrated Waterproof Plug & Play Connector
- Integrated Waterproof Fuse Holder
- Flush Mount Bracket
- Thick Dash Extension
Model Number DT1BX-TM (Transom Mount), DT1BX-TH (Thru-Hull)
Dimensions 2" Diameter, 1.75" Depth (51 x 45 mm)
Display Window Size 1.65" x .87"(42 x 22 mm)
Display Type Polarized Liquid Crystal Icon
Display Backlighting Green SoftGlow™
Voltage Requirement 11-14 VDC, 200mA Max
Current Drain 40mA, Nominal
Units of MeasureFeet (ft) or Meters (m)
Depth Range - Max200 ft (60 m)
Depth Range - Min2.5 ft (.7 m)
Depth Readout Increments1/10th ft/m
Standard TransducerTransom Mount
Optional TransducerAirmar P19 2" Plastic Thru-Hull
Transducer Cable Length30 ft (9 m)
Transducer Frequency200 kHz
Transducer Beam Angle14 Degrees
Depth AlarmsLower (shallow) and Upper (deep)
Alarm SignalingAudible "Beep", Flashing RED LED, Blinking LCD Icons
Warranty2-Year You-Break-It ~ We-Fix-It™