The "Multi-Tool" of Fish Finders...
The FishTrax 1 is designed for entry-level anglers looking for affordability and ease of use. Overloaded with features like Weed and Rock Indicators that help indicate bottom composition up to 240 feet. The audible fish alarm signals the presence of fish which allows you to continue to fish without having to constantly check the VirtuView™ ICON Display. The FishTrax 1 has EasyTouch™ user interface that allows you to set-up your fish finder exactly the way you want with ease.
SONAR Like Nothing Else...
FishTrax Intelligent Sonar uses SONAR sound waves to detect depth, locate fish, and define bottom contour, composition, and structure. Using specialized microprocessors, these sound waves are generated by the FishTrax display and sent to the FishTrax sonar sensor. The sonar sensor, acting first as a “speaker”, emits these sound waves as a series of pulses. Then, microseconds later, the sonar sensor switches to a “microphone” and listens for the return of the pulses as they bounce off of objects in the water column (sometimes referred to as “echoes”). The “echoes” are sent back to the display where using proprietary algorithms in the FishTrax software, they are analyzed for location, size, and composition of the objects. These signal are then arranged by FishTrax’s Human Interface Software and displayed in an easy to understand manner on the VirtuView ICON display.
Ultra-Light Power Supply...
Space and weight saving design is great for kayaks and float tube anglers alike. This unit comes with auto switching dual-beam FishTrax Intelligent Sonar that will read up to 240 feet in 1/10 precision.
There are 5 user selectable sensitivity settings to choose from. Which one to use greatly depends on the clarity and/or depth of the water. Very clear water allows for a moderate sensitivity setting. Conversely, dirty water requires a higher sensitivity setting to target detail but will increase the irritating false readings. Targeting deep water fish generally requires greater sensitivity, especially in stained or dirty water. Salt and brackish water also require a comparatively higher sensitivity setting. While this analysis may seem confusing, the concept is simple. As the unit's sensitivity is elevated, a broader view and smaller details show on the screen. But, with a broader and stronger view comes more clutter and debris. The clearer the water, the less sensitivity needed to get accurate details and vice-versa.
You can set the FishTrax 1 to sound an audible alarm when a group of fish is detected. Turn it on, and when a fish passes under the sonar sensor, an audible alarm will sound. You can then use the fish depth scale to drop your bait to a depth that will get it in front of the fish. Leave the alarm on if you are using a crankbait so that you do not have to steadily watch for fish on the screen. If you hear the alarm, gently toss your bait at least 20 feet beyond the sonar sensor, allow the bait to drop to the depth of the fish alarm, and retrieve as recommended for the targeted species.
Here are some ideas for maximizing the usefulness of the optional Side Scan Adapter: ~ Attach it to a dock piling and scan sideways for fish swimming by. ~ Attach it to a boat, kayak, or canoe hull and slow troll for fish, all the while keeping a lookout for fish behind or in front of you. ~ Attach it to a broomstick handle and search for the best fishing location. ~ Attach it to a broomstick and seek out the fish hiding away from your fishing hole while ice fishing.
Use a Broom Stick...
By attaching the optional Side-Scan Adapter to an ordinary broomstick or paint roller handle purchased from a local hardware store, you can scan for fish suspended in the water column within 240 ft (75 m) of your location. Attach the sensor to a handle, lower the sensor into the water, and slowly move the sensor in a manner that will allow the signal to search the desired location (a sweeping motion similar to using a flashlight is most effective). Keep in mind the sonar signal is emitted from the base of the sensor. Scan down, sideways, or any combination of the two. Remember, to get depth and bottom contour and composition readings you will have to aim the signal at a solid object within 240 ft (75 m), however, FISH readings will be accurate, even if the depth reading is “---”
VirtuView™ ICON LCD
- 1 Depth Readout
- 2Simulator Indicator
- 3Sensitivity Indicator
- 4Fish Alarm On/Off
- 5Backlight On/Off
- 6Battery Strength Indicator
- 7Weed Indicator
- 8Water Temperature
- 9Fish Icon
- 10Fish Depth Indicator
- 11Structure Indicator
- Glare-Free ICON LCD with LED Backlight offers Excellent Readability
- FishTrax Intelligent Sonar Delivers Precise Fish Finder Readings up to 240 Ft
- Audible Fish Alarm Signals the Presence of Fish
- Algorithmic Software Programming Minimizes False Readings
- VariableZone™ Water Temperature Sensor Shows Water Temperature Throughout The Water Column
- Weed and Rock Indicators Indicate Bottom Composition
- Glare-Free Icon LCD with LED Backlight offers Excellent Readability
- EasyTouch™ User Interface Makes System Setup And Adjustment Easy
- Sonar Sensor is Trollable, Boat Mountable, & Floatable... Achieves Unmatched, Go Anywhere, Portability
- Built-In Expandability Allows Addition of Accessories To Adapt To Any Fishing Platform (*)
- Integrated TraxNut™ allows attachment to any 1/4 x 20 Mounting Bracket
- Sonar Sensor Side-Scan Adapter Allows Sonar Direction Finding Under Weeds, Docks, Ice, etc (*)
- 2 Year You-Break-It ~ We-Fix-It™ Warranty
(*) Requires Optional FishTrax Accessory
Expandability Like No Other...
The FishTrax 1's built-in expandability allows for the addition of accessories to adapt the fish finder to any fishing platform. Boat, Kayak, Canoe, Float Tube, Bank, Dock, Ice, etc. You choose the platform and select the accessories to adapt your HawkEye FishTrax Fish Finder to your fishing needs.
Parts & Accessories
In the Box
- FT1P FishTrax Fish Finder
- Sonar Sensor (Transducer) with 15 ft Cable with Integrated Temperature Sensor
- Integrated Waterproof Plug & Play Transducer Connector
- Sonar Sensor Float
- Model NumberFT1P
- Dimensions6" x 3" x 2" (153 x 77 x 51 mm)
- Display TypePolarized VirtuView™ ICON
- Display Screen SizeHeight: 2" Width: 1.6" (50 x 40 mm)
- Display BacklightingWhite HID
- Battery Requirement4 x 'AAA' (not included) or Boat 12-Volt (*)
- Battery Life30 Hours
- WaterproofingIPX-7 (submerged to 1 m for 30 min)
- Operating Temperature0~160°F (-18~71 °c)
- Units of MeasureFeet (ft) or Meters (m)
- Depth Range Max Max240 ft (75 m)
- Depth Range - Min 1.5 ft (.5 m)
- Depth Readout Increments1/10th ft/m
- Transducer TypePortable, Shoot-Through, Boat Mountable (*)
- Transducer Cable Length P15 ft (4.5 m)
- Transducer Frequency200 kHz
- Transducer Beam Angle14 Degrees
- User InterfaceEasyTouch™
- Fish AlarmAudible
- Temperature ReadingsVariableZone™ ~ Water or Air
- Warranty2-Year You-Break-It ~ We-Fix-It™
(*) Requires Optional FishTrax Accessory